Studio Schrofer is located in The Hague, The Netherlands – city of Global Peace, Human Rights and Justice. We have a small, highly talented, multi-facetted design team that we are looking to expand as our designs are becoming more appreciated throughout the world. We hate waste and love fun.
We have a Sr. Furniture Design position vacant. This position requires a thorough understanding of furniture design, knowledge of upholstery and manufacturing techniques, and strong 3D Studio Max and hand rendering skills.
The Senior Furniture Designer is a key part of Studio Schrofer’s Product Development team. This position will work closely with the CEO himself, as well as the manufacturers and global clients to conceptualize and design comfortable furniture that express the individuality of our customers and keep Studio Schrofer competitive in the luxury furniture market.
The ideal candidate must:
- be creative and think outside of the box
- must be proficient with 3d Studio Max or Maya, Microsoft Office and comfortable using Adobe Suites Program(s), primarily Photoshop as well as SolidWorks and AutoCAD (or similar program). Be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
- is meticulously detailed with strong follow through with implementation.
- be a motivated self-starter and multitasker who works well in a collaborative environment
- be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- have excellent communication skills in visual, written, and verbal form
- 3+ years’ experience designing in the furniture industry. Good understanding and knowledge of the key players in the luxury and mid-segment of the market.
- Hands-on experience working with different materials and mass production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and written
- Meticulous attention to detail: sensuous form, stitching, fabrics, leathers,
- Energetic, passionate, and a good team worker
- Fluent in English (Dutch language skills is a plus point)
- Applicants must hold valid EU work permit