The Copenhagen based architecture, interior and design practice Studio David Thulstrup, is looking for a new head of retail with six to eight years of experience, to lead and develop our retail department.
About Studio David Thulstrup
Studio David Thulstrup has completed an extensive portfolio of local and international projects ranging from new residential architecture and domestic interiors, to retail stores, hospitality and product design. Recently David has received Wallpaper* Design Award 2019 for ‘Best New Restaurant’ for Noma, as well as being selected one of Architectural Digest’s 200 Influencers. We are an international team of architects, interior designers, product designers and specialists within 3D, lighting and materials, working in a naturally lid studio space in an industrial building in Amager, Copenhagen. We have a diverse yet refined approach to interiors and architecture, intertwining traditional aesthetics with modern simplicity.
We are looking for an Architect/Interior Architect, with a professional degree and with 6-8 years of experience to work closely with David and his creative vision.
You have a strong creative flair and conceptual approach to design while possessing excellent technical knowledge and experience, and have worked with a range of retail projects, varying in size, brands & styles. You are also a skilled leader able to manage creative processes and projects, have a professional and trustworthy communication with clients and lead a dynamic team of 3 interior designers/architects.
We would like you to join us full-time at our office in Copenhagen as soon as possible.
- Developing detailed design concepts, technical and architectural solutions on a variety of retail brands – small and large scale
- Visualization and explanation of concepts to others
- Managing projects efficiently, to program and budget
- Managing and briefing design team on projects
- Building and growing existing client relations
- Communicating with clients, consultant teams and contractors
- Strong conceptual and design skills, with an outstanding attention to details
- Skilled communicator with solid visual and spoken presentation experience
- Solid project manager and experience with budget/planning tools and coordination with contractors/consulting team and suppliers
- Strong CAD skills
- An engaging team player with great interpersonal communication skills
- Meet new tasks with initiative and explorative attitude
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and budget your time
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation, CV and samples of work/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: ‘head of retail’).
We want to receive your application no later than August 22, 2019.
Interviews will be held with relevant candidates prior to the application deadline.
All data will be processed according to the General Data Protection Regulations.
Read more: www.studiodavidthulstrup.com